>

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Going to the Temple

Another unique experience while in India was my visit to the Sri Radha Krishna Temple. While I don't understand a lot about Indian religion, I respect their workshop which meant I had to be very careful with my camera work as not to offend. Thankfully two of our hosts were very good about keeping me grounded in the rules as to what not to shoot and where not to take my camera.

I have to admit that the experience was MUCH different that what I was accustom to in US based worship. The crowds of worshipers was much heavier and obviously the rituals were different. The worship temples were HUGE and much more ornate with gold, architecture and I could have stayed for hours just admiring this as well as the detailed work from the ceiling to the floors. Oh how I wish I would have smuggled my camera into this temple because words can't describe the experience. I almost missed the night shot below thinking it was too dark to capture the shot (s) without a tripod but thanks to the photography workshop I attended, I did a spot meter versus evaluative; this part is for the photographers in case you find yourself in a similar situation.

I left the temple different from whence I arrived. I got my Bindi on the forehead, was blessed by Krishna and was exposed to yet another rich aspect of the Indian culture. By the way congratulations and best wishes to Rupkumar and Preethi.

























No comments: